The present George Hotel, Inveraray, was originally two private houses completed in 1770. They were part of a project by the 3rd Duke of Argyll, started in 1744, to build a whole new town inInveraray. In 1776 the 5th Duke of Argyll ordered that the ground floor flat of each of these private houses would be made into temporary churches for the Gaelic and English speaking congregations. These two churches are now covered by the Public Bar, Front Lounge and Church Hall. How the times have changed!
Show businesses near Chatteris