Lane Head

The Hotel, a renovated 17th century Coaching Inn, still retains many original features. The open fireplaces, ancient beams and oak panelling give more than a hint of the good days gone by. However, many of the interesting items, which decorate the ceilings and walls belong more to the 20th century and include such things as: ration books, bicycles, sewing machines and other assorted artefacts too numerous and unusual to mention. Built in the 17th Century, converted from an original Farm House to a Coaching Inn in the 18th Century, to a Private House in 1850. The owners "The Leppingtons" were the last people in Brighouse to have a horse and carriage in regular use, bought by the present owners in 1967 and converted to a Hotel!