This classic Regency townhouse, formerly known as Bootham Grange, was built and occupied in 1829 by two members of a wealthy ecclesiastical family, the Richardsons. Two of the brothers were incumbents at local churches and one, in fact was a well known evangelical Minister at St. Michael le Belfrey which stands in the shadow of York Minister.
The joint occupancy of the property continued until 1924 when it was converted into flats for family members of the owner at the time. During the 2nd World War, these flats were occupied by women service personnel and the brick vaulted cellar, now The Brasserie, was an air raid shelter.
The building remained in multiple occupancy before being purchased in 1989 by Jeremy and Vivien Cassel who converted it into a hotel. Celebrated Swiss designer, Christophe Gollut, who previously designed the dining room at the House of Lords, helped restore the building to its former glory.
Reviews and Ratings
We do not have any reviews about The Grange Hotel available right now.