Bedrooms to suit your needs; from contemporary smaller doubles for the shorter stay to fantastic four-posters for that special occasion. The location of this fine mansion is on the line of the main Roman approach to the city of York and Bootham Bar was one of the original Roman gateways into the city/fortress of Eboracum. The house is of circa 1827 and appears on Robert Cooper's plan of York 1832. The owner at that time being Mrs Barbara Ashton Nelson and the property is described as a 'mansion and pleasure grounds' in the first rate assessment in 1837.
The house passed between various private owners until 1875 when it was run as a 'school for young ladies' until 1879 by Misses Inchbold and it was known as Bootham House. In 1882 the property was sold to Her Majesty's Principal Secretary for the War Department. By 1886 Pigot's directory shows that the neighbouring Grosvenor Terrace had been formed and that Major General F.A. Willis C.B. was in occupation of the house.
Reviews and Ratings
We do not have any reviews about The Churchill Hotel available right now.